Eco-Friendly Hotel La Jolla
We live in a very tender world. Which is why our hotel â and every Kimpton hotel â gives it loving care with green practices and products. Our eco-friendly efforts include recycling, and saving energy and water whenever possible.
Some green initiatives you'll notice at Hotel La Jolla:
- Cleaning supplies: Rooms are cleaned with environmentally friendly, non-toxic cleaning products.
- Recycled paper and soy-based inks: Used to print things property-wide.
- Towel/linen reuse: Guests have the opportunity to hold onto their sheets, blankets and towels which means we run the washing machines less.
- Recycling: Glass, bottles, paper, cardboard ... we make sure they get a second (or third, or fourth) life somewhere.
- Energy conservation: Lighting is custom fitted and audited to make sure energy-efficient bulbs get put in and stay there.
- Water conservation: We install and audit low-flow systems for faucets, toilets and showers.
- Organic beverages: We serve organic, shade-grown and/or fair trade coffees and teas.
- In-room recycling bins: You can do your part right there in your own little nook.
- Honor bar stocked with organic food and drinks: Good-for-the-planet yum for your tum.
- Donation programs: Unused shampoo and conditioner is given away to local charities.
- KimptonStyle.com: Our shopping website flaunts all kinds of eco delights, from organic bedding to recycled glassware.
- And More: Other ways we play nice include recycling coat hangers, eliminating Styrofoam cups, implementing paperless check-in/check-out, using eco-friendly dry cleaners, offering discounted hybrid car parking, and much, much more.